Open and Formed Wound Coils
We wind a range of open and bobbin wound coils for a variety of applications. RF coils are wound for telecommunication equipment and for audio units. Our in-house toolmaking facilitates prototyping and rapid customer service.
Coils can be wound onto plastic bobbins or other customer specified cores as in the Chattock test device. Similarly moisture measurement can be achieved with wound devices. Toroidal chokes by hand winding are part of our Sub-contract service, particularly miniature RF toroids.
We make self-supporting coils using self bonding wire. Our highly skilled operators can wind to ensure closely packed turns where space is limited.
Aluminium strip & Aluminium foil windings
Large air-cored inductors can be made inexpensively using an aluminium foil. Typical applications include load banks where linearity is required.
We wind coils for a variety of electromechanical devices. The picture gives examples of our coils used in marine industry applications.
We also manufacture potted coils. A typical use for these Coils is to generate vibrations in automated production sorting machinery. The coils use customised bobbins, frames and potting moulds.
Coil Winding Service
Coil winding is a specialist manufacturing process which produces the wound components essential in a very wide range of technical products. It is a classic example of the advantages of sub-contracting and we have provided this service for many years, establishing a niche business to provide small quantities of high quality wound components and adopt a distinct approach.
- Specialist: We are sub-contractors in Coil Winding. There is no standard range of these transformers as we are committed to a subcontract role.
- Small batches: We have shaped our business to accept small batch quantities. We are realistic about Coil Winding in the UK and understand that companies using high volumes of transformers or other wound components will ship them in from lower cost manufacturing-centres overseas.
- Hand operations: Much of our work is hand-operated which is flexible and ideal for small volume business.
- Design: We offer a design service and aim to build a partnership with customers.
- Assembly: We will assemble the Coil to whatever level you choose. Some customers require a basic coil winding service and we supply an open coil or a Coil wound to a former. Others ask for assembly into bigger units or dressing with ancillary components. We have several customers who contact us to build a unit in the finished state ready for sale.
- Components: Coil winding and assembly work require additional components and these are often individual, customised items. This may mean the customers supplying the components but frequently we are asked to source these components made to customer design. We have built links with small, specialist companies who supply custom designed components to augment standard items. We regularly use: Moulded bobbins Machined Ferrites, formed or machined plastic covers, iron and anodised aluminium framework, brass and copper fittings.
- Quality: We operate in line with ISO 9001.